It doesn’t get any better than fresh produce from the garden!
I made Summer Squash with Tarragon using pattypan, but it would be equally good with yellow crookneck, zucchini, or any available summer squash.
Fresh tarragon is a special treat and pairs perfectly with the delicate flavor of the squash. If fresh isn’t available, use dried instead, it’s still delicious.
We grilled it in a grill pan, but you could also prepare it on the stove top in a skillet.
- 4 cups summer squash, cut in chunks (I used pattypan)
- 2 T. olive oil
- ½ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp freshly ground black pepper
- 3 sprigs fresh tarragon, if available (2 tsp chopped)
- OR 1 tsp dried
- Cut the squash in chunks and put it in a bowl. Drizzle with the olive oil, add the salt, pepper and tarragon. Stir to mix.
- Heat a grill pan on the grill over high heat. When hot, add the squash. Cook, stirring occasionally, until it begins to brown.
- Reduce heat to medium, close the grill lid and cook until it is fork tender.
- NOTE: You can sauté this in a skillet if you prefer.