Most Hollandaise dishes are loaded with calories from egg yolks and butter, and sometimes cream. But Skinny Potatoes Hollandaise is only 86 calories per serving, and still creamy and delicious.
In only 20 minutes, you can put Skinny Potatoes Hollandaise on your table as a tasty alternative to plain potatoes. It is elegant enough for any special occasion, yet easy enough for any day.
Here’s what you do. Cut up the potatoes in about 1/2″ dice…
…boil them in chicken broth until they are nice and tender.
Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper.
Drain the potatoes, then mix in the sour cream sauce with a wooden spoon. Set the pan over low heat for 5 more minutes to heat through.
Put the potatoes in a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley. Beautiful!
- 4 cups potatoes, peeled or not
- 2 cups chicken broth
- ½ cups fat-free sour cream
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- a dash of cayenne, or to taste
- 1 tablespoon fresh parsley, chopped
- Cut the potatoes into about ½" cubes. Put them in a saucepan and cover with the chicken broth. Bring them to a boil, then reduce the heat to medium and cook them until they are tender, but not falling apart. This will take 15-20 minutes, depending on the size you cut.
- Drain the potatoes through a colander into a bowl if you wish to reserve the liquid for soup. Put the potatoes back into the saucepan.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl, combine the sour cream, lemon juice, salt and cayenne pepper. Mix into the drained potatoes and set over low heat for 5 more minutes, stirring occasionally.
- Put the potatoes in a serving dish and sprinkle with parsley. Beautiful!