A friend of mine made this sumptuous Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Grapes for a holiday feast and I just had to have the recipe.
It’s actually better the second day, which makes it an easy choice for a busy Thanksgiving dinner, but it’s also great as part of a summer meal.
Easy and delicious, Cauliflower Broccoli Salad with Bacon and Grapes is perfect to have on hand in the refrigerator for packing a lunch, and it’s always a favorite at potlucks, too.
- ¼ pound bacon, to ½ lb, minced and cooked
- 3¼ cups cauliflower, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 2 cups broccoli, cut into bite-sized pieces
- 3 green onions, sliced
- 1 cup red grapes
- 1 cup mozzarella cheese, shredded
- FOR THE DRESSING
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- ⅛ cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 Tablespoon sugar
- 1 Tablespoon vinegar
- Chop the bacon and cook it gently in a large skillet over medium-low heat until it is crisp. Drain on paper towels and cool.
- Meanwhile, mix the dressing ingredients together in a small bowl and refrigerate until needed.
- Put the rest of the ingredients in a large bowl. Add the dressing and mix well to coat. Cover with plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Just before serving, toss in the bacon. Garnish with more grapes if desired.